Telemedicine is basically a video visit with your doctor and has many benefits.
- More personalized than a phone call
- Less time away from work
- No travel expenses or time
- Less interference with child or elder care responsibilities
- No exposure to other potentially contagious patients
My Electronic Health Record system uses an encrypted version of Zoom so your privacy is protected. Many conditions are easily treated via video visits:
- follow up on chronic conditions like high blood pressure, diabetes, gout and high cholesterol.
- Minor acute issues like upper respiratory infections, urinary tract infections or pink eye.
Some issues, however, are not able to be addressed with telemedicine like chest pain, shortness of breath, abdominal pain, deep cuts or possible fractures.
Please call the office today to schedule a telemedicine visit. An email with a link is automatically sent when the appointment is scheduled. When it’s time for your appointment just click the link. If you can’t find the original email, another one will be sent automatically about 5 minutes prior to the appointment. You can use a desktop or laptop computer, a smart phone, iPad or other tablet. If you are unable to connect at the time of your appointment, I’ll call and we’ll get it set up. No worries!