Finally, some concrete information about how to get COVID vaccine.
PLEASE be patient – I have only 2 staff members and limited vaccine supply, although I can request more. We will get everyone vaccinated.
I am vaccinating healthcare providers this week and next. When San Diego County changes to Phase 1B (likely over the next couple of weeks) my first priority is to my patients. After they are vaccinated, I will vaccinate the public at large. I will send an email Newsletter and post on the blog each time we enter a new phase of vaccination.
Since this is a new process, things are likely to change over time, but the current plans are as follows:
- I have Moderna vaccine. I do not have Pfizer vaccine because I do not have the equipment to store it at ultra-cold temperatures.
- The vaccine is free for everyone, compliments of the US Government.
- Vaccines will be administered on Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays from 2:30 to 5 pm in the office BY APPOINTMENT ONLY.
- This vaccine is a little difficult logistically because you must use all doses within 6 hours of opening the vial. That means we need to schedule people in groups of 10 and if someone misses their appointment, we’ll have extra doses which might go to waste.
- To prevent wasting any doses, I have established a “Quick Call” list of high risk patients who are willing to come to the office on short notice (be here within 30 min). If you’d like to be added to that list, please email us Staff@PrivateMDAmy.com.
- If you have questions about my feelings on the vaccine, see https://www.privatemdamy.com/why-i-recommend-the-covid-vaccine/
San Diego County is following CDC recommended phases for vaccine priority. They have an excellent page that they update frequently that shows the breakdown. BE WARNED – the criteria change frequently.
When you see “Vaccinating Now” under your tier, then you can call my office for a vaccine appointment at : 858-724-1313
3 Replies to “Covid Vaccine – Now Available!”
Yes, I will be vaccinating my patient’s first, then the general public. If I have no trouble getting re-orders of vaccine, then I may include families earlier. And yes, you are correct. Another email will go out when the County and I go to the next phase. All the best!
we are very much looking forward to getting the vaccine as soon as it’s available to us. We were so encouraged to see your email and plans!
So glad the information is helpful!