Given the new lockdown orders in California, we need to get creative again to stay connected and engaged. Here are some of my favorites from a great article:
- Plant an indoor herb garden and learn cook with those herbs
- Take virtual tours of places you want to visit someday – Here’s a tour of Rome
- Visit museums all over the world – New York’s Museum of Modern Art, Musee d’Orsay in Paris, The Tate in London, or over 500 other museums with Google’s Arts and Culture Collection.
- Paint with Bob Ross – >400 episodes of Joy of Painting have been added to YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxcnsr1R5Ge_fbTu5ajt8DQ
- Visit Balboa Park virtually – most museums have online content and activities. https://www.balboapark.org/virtual-events
- Karyoke with Friends – Apps like AirConsole (https://www.airconsole.com/) let you turn your smartphone into a mic, and sing your favorite hits with friends.
- Arrange a house party with an app called Houseparty. The app allows for large group video chats
- Check out Live Cams at Monterey Bay Aquarium https://www.montereybayaquarium.org/animals/live-cams
- Walk through Paris or London (or other cities) – see some of the world’s most famous views thanks to Google street view https://www.timeout.com/travel/14-world-famous-city-views-you-can-see-from-your-sofa
- Take a virtual tour of America’s National Parks https://www.nationalparks.org/connect/blog/take-virtual-visit-national-park
- Solve a mystery – Reddit’s Unsolved Mysteries help fans swap theories and information to solve old cases. https://www.reddit.com/r/UnresolvedMysteries/
Check out this article for more options. Which are your favorite?